Re: Things to be done

Assalamu Alaykum,

 + Quran certification - any organization/entity willing to do it ?
   => Ossama, OTHERS ?
I thought one could improve the structure of the quran.xx.xml files.
Especially the provided meta data (author, translator, source (book, organisation, university, etc.), "digitalizer", something you can report mistakes to, a validating hash, etc.) ... just things that make the source more reliable.
Also one could enhance the data by marking the name of God or use different attributes for the (arabic or transliterated) sura name and the sura name translation.
I made a sample of how a future quran.xx.xml could look like: http://www.includeme.ma.cx/kuran/libislam/libislam_1_draft.xml .

I also thought about extending libquran to something like libislam.
I thought of adding things like hadith, du'a and (often used) islamic phrases to the library.

 + Quran project GUI ?
   => Maher
I am working on one. I don't know whether you will like it or not (screen shots: http://www.includeme.ma.cx/kuran/c++/screenshots/ ).
It's based on the arabeyes libquran data files, but i wrote my own library. I have written 3 different ones one for KDE, one for .NET and one for Java (currently under construction).
(get test versions: http://www.includeme.ma.cx/kuran/ )
But I think I'll only continue work on the Java version (if I get the speex stuff running).

If you want more detailed information about any of these things please ask. Please comment on this or give your ideas.

Salam, Riyad Preukschas