Re: [mule-aist:01306] Re: Fwd: Re: a software library for multilingualisation

Ossama Khayat writes:

>> What do you mean by 'this script'?  Do you mean the Perl script itself
>> running on our web server, or the libraries and programs called from
>> the Perl script?

> The script.

I see.

>> The Perl script itself is not included in the current distribution,
>> but we can include it in the future release.

> So, it will also be GPL/LGPL, correct?

If we distribute it, yes.  But, it is just a very short script (67
lines) using the CGI.pm package.  It just calls the mdump sample
program with appropriate options.  You can easily find Perl scripts
that do similar things on the net.

>> Finally, our software does not require special fonts.  For the
>> Arabic script, it can use any OpenType fonts, and any
>> Unicode-encoded fonts with Arabic representation forms.  I put a
>> screenshot rendered with a bitmap font:
>> <http://www.m17n.org/ntakahas/tmpdir/bitmap.png>

> Including TTF fonts? Sorry, not much familiar with font formats ;-)

Yes, if your X server can handle TTF fonts.  And virtually all modern
X servers can handle TTF fonts.

--
TAKAHASHI Naoto
ntakahas at m17n dot org