Re: BiCon status ?

--- Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 07:29, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > Are there any plans for a release ?  I'm dying to retire and fully
> > remove Akka from our sites (and minds).
>
> As far as I am concerned, no. There is no plans for a release in the
> near future. Releases need some new development, and I am not doing that
> now, and no body else does, that's it. More importantly, we need more
> bug squashing as every release should be less buggy, at least in
> principle.

Sure, that is all understandable - but could we at least have a 0.1
release.  BiCon has been in alpha-2 for approx 3 months.  Squashing
bugs and getting a bit more development going might be helped by
having a proper release (it will raise awareness of the package's
existence outside of our immediate circle).

> I will be able to resume work around the end of next month.

Wonderful and I do hope you feel better soon.

Do please consider simply taking what is there now and folding
that into a 0.1 release - I can most certainly help with the
release process if so desired.