Re: Developer Guide (in effect)

On ث, 2004-04-13 at 10:18, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:
>
> > <rantings> I dream of the day when there is no autotools. The world will
> > be a brighter place.</rantings>
>
> Read info autoconf and info automake and you will definitely feel
> better. :)

Actually I did, even before your message. Do you believe, they use m4?

> BTW, better we make a release this weekend.  Any idea?  I have
> some ideas in mind for better keymap handling, but they are too
> fundamental to reach the release.

Deal, say we release on Sunday. I would like a more stable version now,
with less additional functionality and more bug squashing. The only show
stopper thing is packaging that actually works. I think we already have
that now.

Don't stop any additional functionality you are adding, though. We may
release a sligtly out of date CVS version (a day or two before).

I will test compiling and running on:
1. Fedora Core 1 with updated autotools
2. Debian testing (I have it installed on user mode linux).

I think we should make it easier for people to test and submit bug
reports. Bugzilla will help us, even if we only document WONTFIX
things;)

Salam,
Muhammad Alkarouri