Re: OpenOffice and Arabic

Hello Johannes:

I think your export line should be LANG=ar only with out the "_LB"

I strongly recommend you post this on the developer mailing list and see if more eyes will see it. I will forward it this time for you :). Our mailing lists are at:

Salam

Anmar

Johannes Graumann wrote:
Hello,

I'm running Debian testing with US-American locales and have installed
their OpenOffice 1.1.0-1 package. My polyglot wife however would like to
be able to use OpenOffice to process - among other languages - Arabic,
so this is what I did:

- install openoffice.org-l10n-ar.deb
- dpkg-reconfigure locales
  --> generating ar_LB.ISO-8859-6 and ar_LB.UTF-8
- apt-get install xfonts-intl-arabic
- LC_CTYPE=ar_LB.UTF-8
  CHARSET=ISO_8859-6
  OUTPUT_CHARSET=UTF-8
  LESSCHARSET='UTF-8'
  LANG=ar_LB
  export LC_CTYPE CHARSET OUTPUT_CHARSET LESSCHARSET LANG

but upon issuing LANG=ar_LB openoffice I get
  I18N: X Window System doesn't support locale "ar_LB.utf8"

Can you help me out with this?

Thanks, Joh