Re: ITL project

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 03:50:24PM -0800, Ahmad Twaijry wrote:

> >itl/
> >  lib/alqrah.cpp
> >  lib/hujrah.cpp
> >  program/ah-date.cpp
> >  program/prayer.cpp
>
> I don't think We need to do this, its only 4 files.

Always think ahead. Anticipate ;) 4 files can increase. The idea is to
have a structure that allows for evolution without having to
re-structure (because the later you do it, the costier it gets).

> no the ITL is only a library  (Islamic Tools Library) so I think we should
> keep it like that (the files ah-date.cpp & prayer.cpp is only a demo
> to show how can you include the library to your program and how to use
> it).
>
> Anyway Yes I am thinking about making a command-line but first I should
> create the GUI program as its most important than the command-line

Fine, then we can either keep 'program/' as-is, or you can rename it to
'demo/'. Either case, we should definitely keep the library type of
files in 'lib/' so it is not confused with other additional and
miscellaneous files.

> BTW: Where should I but the GUI files ? (I think we should make a new
> project for it, but anyway its up to you)

Call it whatever you like, either under 'program/' or make it have its
own root (relative to the itl/ module) directory heirarchy. In either
case, as long as the library stuff is all by itself, we would be fine.

Let me know.