Re: Quran data (translations)

Salaamun Aleykum,

This topic is a sensitive one. I have to disagree with
Kareem with some of the things he has mentioned but I
choose not to start a discussion here. I will just
briefly say that the English translations of Yusuf
Ali, Pickthall, and Shakir stand relatively inaccurate
when compared to some of the more modern English
translations. First of all, none of these three
individuals' mother tounge was Arabic. The meaning of
many Arabic expressions have been inaccurately
translated. On top of that the language is old
English. Although some modern translations still have
many mistakes in them, compared to Yusuf Ali,
Pickthall, and Shakir they are much better.

In terms of Turkish translations I have read the
translations by these two individuals and recommend
them:

Yasar Nuri Ozturk
Edip Yuksel

Both of these translations were bestsellers in Turkey.
God willing I may be able to help you get a copyright
permission from the translators to be included in the
Quran application.

Peace be upon you,
Mete