Note for Mandrake 9.1

Dear All

Assalam Alikum,

I have couple of things

    1. KACST has released a new version of its Arabic fonts. Check them at http://ceri.kacst.edu.sa/download/KacstArabicFonts-1.3.tar.gz . There are new fonts included in this release. Please let Mandrake and others know about it so that we can have it available in their next releases.

   2. I installed Mandrake 9.1 and have couple of comments that you might share with me: KACST Arabic fonts are available in the release. Thanks for those who helped on this matter. However, when I select Arabic locale from the KDE control center, none of the Arabic fonts is activated directly as the default font. The same thing applies to the Arabic keymap. I need to activate both separately which might be inconvenient for novice users. Also, choosing Arabic during installation shows boxes instead of text.

  3. Please try KacstQura. It looks nice. I suggest having it as your default font in the system.

Yousef AL-Harthi