[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Arabic Font (PakType)
- To: developer at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: Re: Arabic Font (PakType)
- From: Mete Kural <metekural at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 22:48:19 -0700 (PDT)
A little info on Arabic script based font development
* The first step is to locate the characters that you
want to include in your font from Unicode chart for
* After that you'll need to make all shapes for those
characters and make a TrueType font using Fontographer
or Font Creator Program or anyother TTF software.
* Before proceding to OpenType, become a member of
Microsoft VOLT Community Page and download Microsoft
* After downloading VOLT, go through "Arabic script
based OpenType font development guide using VOLT"
* Now you are ready to make yout own OTF from your
* After creating OTF, if you want to hint your font,
then join VTT Community
and download VTT.
Some more links:
--- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> --- Mete Kural <metekural yahoo.com> wrote:
> > How about proposing PakType to be a part of
> > Arabeyes.org? Or at least merging the font making
> > projects? By joining efforts, it may be possible
> > develop one or two very good fonts rather than
> > mediocre fonts. What do you think?
> We don't have a "font making" project (we'd like to
> get some
> people interested in that regard and there have been
> some posts
> on the 'general' list with that regard in the past);
> we can start
> one if there are enough motivated, committed people
> with genuine
> interest (a HOWTO is a precursor to generating that
> At a minimum, it would be nice to have a HOWTO on
> how to create
> fonts (a previous email to this thread is a great
> start - thanks
> Arash Zeini). If anyone from the PakType group
> would like to
> help by all means jump-in -its for the benefit of
> the community.
> - Nadim
> Do you Yahoo!?
> The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> developer-unsubscribe at arabeyes dot org
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> developer-help at arabeyes dot org