Re: Arabic Font (PakType)

--- Mete Kural <metekural yahoo.com> wrote:
> How about proposing PakType to be a part of
> Arabeyes.org? Or at least merging the font making
> projects? By joining efforts, it may be possible to
> develop one or two very good fonts rather than several
> mediocre fonts. What do you think?

We don't have a "font making" project (we'd like to get some
people interested in that regard and there have been some posts
on the 'general' list with that regard in the past); we can start
one if there are enough motivated, committed people with genuine
interest (a HOWTO is a precursor to generating that interest).
At a minimum, it would be nice to have a HOWTO on how to create
fonts (a previous email to this thread is a great start - thanks
Arash Zeini).  If anyone from the PakType group would like to
help by all means jump-in -its for the benefit of the community.