Re: VIM for Windows supporting Arabic (I love it)

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:54:33 -0500 Mohammed Elzubeir
<elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 09:48:57PM -0800, anmar oueja wrote:
>
> > I agree but in the mean time I have created an installer on my
> > laptop and uploaded it to my server. I will send an email later
> > today for people to download it and play with it until "Project
> > Cream" offers it.
>
> Steve, Anmar here has successfully used the patch and reported no
> conflicts with the patch as-is. In other words, he did not have to
> make any modifications to the patch so I see no problems in you
> applying it right away.
>
> Anmar's vim installer is now here:
>
>   http://www.arabeyes.org/download/3rd/vim-6-1_ar.exe

Sorry, I am asking for an Arabic support *patch* against a *recent Vim
patch level*. I myself had no difficulties applying the old patch to
the original Vim source for 6.1.0. But it is now 8 months old and I
wanted to test against the current patch level, now somewhere around
6.2.284. (For the record, just for kicks, I tried to apply it against
patches 1-174 but was mostly hunk failures as you would expect
considering the number of patches to date.)

Nadim understood this, but was (understandably) quite frustrated with
having to constantly revise the patch in order to keep it current
against the ever-progressing Vim patches. Again, I can make no promise
that the effort to update it will make it any more accepted by Vim's
author, but I wanted to try and give us an opportunity to convince him
that numerous individuals tried it against all the fixes to date and
had no problems.

Anmar, can you create an Arabic support patch against the current
patch level and upload it? Thanks much!

Steve Hall  [ digitect(at)mindspring(dot)com ]