Re: Vim Arabic patch update needed

on 1/6/2003 5:40 PM Mohammed Elzubeir said the following:
> On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 01:00:21AM -0500, Steve Hall wrote:
>
> Nadim is on vacation now and he won't be back in action to do any
> vim hacking until a few weeks. In the meantime, I can try to
> updated, if you can give me a timeframe to work with.

Heh, this is a complete hobby to me, I have no time frame! (However, I
can create a binary within about 24 hours from receiving the patch,
depending.) Just whenever you find time.

> It's understood -- it is simply that we would have liked to see a
> faster development cycle for VIM than it currently is.

Wouldn't we all. But considering that Bram is doing this by himself, I
guess we shouldn't complain. He's got other "real" projects, too.
Faster releases always get discussed, but I'm not sure how to actually
accomplish them.

> Over a year for a patch of this kind is a long time for what is
> essentially a text editor. However, since neither we nor you are
> directly involved we will just have to do with ;) We very much
> appreciate your offer to help and we will certainly like to have our
> users try it out on their Win32 platforms.

Yes, I'm sorry didn't pick up on the situation earlier. However, I'm
very new at creating Vim binaries and probably couldn't have helped
much sooner anyway. But I'm glad to help now.

> Do I just consider all the patches available here:
>   ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches
> applicable? ie. do I assume they are all 'official'?

Yes, patch 280 is the latest as of this writing. Just let me know
whatever you patch against and I'll consider that our freeze point.

Steve Hall  [ digitect(at)mindspring(dot)com ]