Bayani status

Salam People,

Just a little message to review Bayani's developement status since I announced that a release would be possible at the end of past December.

The porting of a part(*) of the old xlib libraries into QT3 went very fast (about 2 weeks) and then there have been a little bit of shuffling while implementing the Graphical interface. This is caused mainly beacuse I started QT from scratch and I am testing things then I remove them to test other things etc. Now I hope it will go a bit faster since I have a precise idea of what I will put in the interface.

So to be optimistic let's say that a release will be possible by the end of January (insha Allah) that will include plotting graphs and saving them into images. I guess that fitting data will be included in the next release, that should not be released long after the first.

This delay is relative of course ;) Since I'll have to add autotools & Co (I still don't know how...) and correct the bugs that may appear with your testings !

Salam,

Youcef.

(*) Part means 2 classes/5: the class that contains a graph object (namely "Graph2D" class) and the class that displays multiple graph objets on one page (namely "Frame" class). There are 3 classes I didn't port into QT3 yet: The Fit Data class, the Symbolic Computation class and the Script (that controls the app) class. But those 3 are less library-dependant than the first 2.

MSN Messenger : discutez en direct avec vos amis ! http://www.msn.fr/msger/default.asp