Re: Bayani status

Salam people,

OK, well, have a look at this ;)

http://perso.club-internet.fr/youcef.rahal/bayani/screenshots/bayani-Jan-21-2003.png

I am happy to say that we have at last a fully working Arabic interpreter !!! I explain myself: we can draw in Bayani any combination of usual functions (polynomes, trigo, log, exp etc) by entering an expression IN ARABIC. On the screenshot you can see that I plotted sin(x)/x for x between -100 and +100... It is also possible to do the same in the English and in the French translations by entering an expression in latin characters of course.

In fact the English and French version rely on an interpreter that I wrote some months ago now, and I was not sure of the amount of work to be done to port it to Arabic... Well it was a piece of cake ! Basicly, a half-an-hour work ;)

Well El hamdou li Allah. And thanks Unicode and thanks Trolltech (the QString class and the trUtf8() macro are terrfic !).

So for now, we have a decent GUI, it possible to draw graphs by filling a table either by hand or automatically from a text file, it is possible to draw ANY 1 variable function, and it is possible to save the frame (that may contain multiple graphs) into a PNG image. It is also possible to fit a linear function on a graph then display it, though the fitting algorithm has to be improved (and since the interpreter is finally implemented, it will be possible to fit any function on the data). Finally, two translations are available: English and French, that can be launched by either
prompt> bayani -en
or
prompt> bayani -fr

So, a release of bayani 0.1-alpha is imminent, I am just waiting to fix some practical details. And since this will be an alpha version, it means that some bugs are known to exist, but not all the bugs (because there has not been an intensive test) ;)

Also, there's a lot of work to be done, so everyone's contribution is truly welcome.

Salam,

Youcef.

PS: When I say ANY 1 variable function, I mean any function from <math.h> ;) Besides, I used weird symbols for functions that I never met their symbols in arabic before. For exemple: asin() (Arcsine) is translated to JIB' (Jeem-Ba-Ayn). This is temporary and I am waiting for your suggestions to fix those strange names ;) Just have a look at http://cvs.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/projects/bayani/src/expeval.cc.diff?r1=1.3&r2=1.4 and see what symbols I used.

MSN Messenger : discutez en direct avec vos amis ! http://www.msn.fr/msger/default.asp