Re: Duali Status

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 09:34:16AM +0300, Ossama Khayaat wrote:

> Assalamou Alaikom.
> I've been so excited about this project since I knew what it really is.
> Actually, I've ignored it for some time, because I didn't know (and
> for some reason didn't even have the motivation to know about it).

<gasp> no motivation? We can share motivation ;)

> Anyway, I once had an idea in mind mind:"Why wouldn't there be an
> Arabic spell checker, which doesn't know but the *root* words and
> can know the derivates of it?". I realized that the idea of Duali
> is excatly what I have in mind :)
>
> So, I am so excited about this project, and wish I had the time to
> contribute on it, but I already am working on recording the audio
> files for the Qur'an project, and finalizing the full_wordlist.po
> file.

Don't spread yourself thin ;) I think if you do a lot of work on
the full_wordlist.po you will make plenty of people happy ;) Also,
btw, please use mark the words you are not sure about as 'fuzzy'.

#,fuzzy

and then translate it normally. This tells the others about it. Also,
it would be better if you use KBabel for this and ensure that there
are no syntactical errors (and it helps for a variety of reasons).

> Now, I have a small book that I bought (around 200 pages) which I
> strongly recommend who ever is working on Duali project, to keep
> it and reference it, and I'm sure it will be the right book.
> [..]

Thank you very much ;) However I have gathered enough resources and
information since then to aid me in my understanding of things. On
the dictionary side, M. Kebdani has done a humongous job already
and seems to have most of the references he needs (though he may think
otherwise).

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: