BAD BUG (Was: Updated Windows Vim binaries with Arabic support )

----- Original Message -----
From: <digitect at mindspring dot com>
To: "Vim" <vim at vim dot org>
Cc: "Nadim Shaikli" <shaikli at yahoo dot com>; "Developers at Arabeyes"
<developer at arabeyes dot org>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 12:46 AM
Subject: Updated Windows Vim binaries with Arabic support

> The Vim patch for Arabic support by Nadim Shaikli has been
> synchronized with Vim patch level 6.1.320. Also added is the help
> document arabic.txt.
>
> You can download the freshly patched Windows binary and help doc here:
>   http://cream.sourceforge.net/vim61-320+-binary.zip
>
> Find the patch and read more about it here:
>   http://cream.sourceforge.net/vim.html#patches
>
> Finally, see the CVS for the file here:
>   http://cvs.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/projects/external/vim/arabic_shape.patch
>
> Please try it out and report problems or lack thereof. Many of us are
> eager to see this be incorporated into Vim's official tree soon!
>

> Steve Hall  [ {digitect}(A){mindspring}*{com} ]

I CAN'T USE THIS NEW VERSION!

Unlike the previous 6.1.300 patched binary, it does not recognise my Courier
New Arabic glyphs with
    :set guifont=Courier_New:h20:cDEFAULT
    :set enc=utf-8
    :set tenc=iso-8859-15
    :set fencs=ucs-bom,iso-8859-15,latin1,utf-8

The utf-8 fileencoding (with BOM) is still recognised correctly.

Also, the new arabic.txt helpfile is present in the ...vim/vim61/doc
directory, but its tags or its name are not recognised by the :help command.

Tony.