Re: Arabic patch for Vim-6.1.320

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 23:53, Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
> Salam,
>
> I have checked out vim-6.1.320 from cvs and applied the Arabic patch
> following Nadim's instructions. It compiles/works fine for me without any
> problem.
>
> I had compilation problems with vim-6.1. This seems to be a gcc 3.2 problem
> (Walid faced the same issue).

Thanks for grassing on me :)
My compilation problems in Redhat 8.0 using gcc3.2are easily solved by
doing the following :
while you are in vim61 dir :

cp src/auto/configuration src/auto/conf.back
sed -e '1164,1170d' src/auto/conf.back > src/auto/configuration

now I get some segfaults when using the compiled product, and insert
works funny! I will check using CVS as Yousif did, sometime in the
coming days.

/me using the Emacs OS while waiting for vim to work

Walid
--
Walid Shaari <shaari at arabeyes dot org>
www.arabeyes.org