Re: quesions

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 11:27:43AM +0000, ops yop wrote:

> [..]
>
> hmm am new in you team ,,
> http://www.arabeyes.org/people.php?username=alkilani ,, I have read
> everything in ur website ,, but i sill have some quesion and  hope that you
> are not disturbed from my questions .. :)

You have read _everything_? Prepare to be tested ;)

Our goals are stated here: http://www.arabeyes.org/about.php

> 2. are there spical meeting for u to discuss ur work and to choose new
> projects ?

There are 'core' meetings that take place on irc.freenode.net. For
schedules, minutes, agendas, check cvs:
  http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/ae_admin/minutes
  http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/ae_admin/agenda

> 3. who choose the projects and what must be the goal of project if i wanna
> develop some thing ,, is it just to support arabic ?

The general rule is -- if it supports Arabic and Unix, we will do it.
However, there are many types of projects and so it depends on the
volunteers. For instance, if someone has a project idea they can come
forward with it, the 'core' group reviews it and approves/disapproves.
There are also a list of priorities that we keep:
  http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/ae_admin/todo/TODO_global

In addition to that, any contribution to existing projects is of course
welcomed.

> i hope i can help u ,, may ican not directly coz all ur project must be in
> arabic and am nope :) in arabic ,, but i will be in the background ,, also
> i will try in this week to test all ur projects and if i have any idea , i
> think am welcome or :)

You don't have to speak the language (or even write it) to contribute to
Arabic. For instance, a lot of Japanese developers have contributed to
Arabization. Take emacs-bidi for example.

> 4. i saw in ur site a link about haydar linux ,,also i did download it from
> net but did not install it ,, is this Linux full arabic supported also with
> arabic programs  ?

You would have to contact HaydarLinux for specific info about that.
Arabeyes is not in charge of HaydarLinux.

> 5. what are your future projects ?

The above linked global_TODO should give you a good idea.

By the way, most of this was mentioned in your welcome message. So
please do go back and re-read it.

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |