Re: pyduali

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 03:34:56PM +0200, Ayman Negm wrote:

> well when duali's C port is a liberary, then AFAIK the name will be libduali
> in any distrubution. To call pyduali becuase it is written in python is your
> choice, but I just wonder ;) I think it would be better if pyduali's name is
> "duali" even so it's written in python or whatever, you can later rewrite it
> in the language you want, it doesn't matter to the user if duali is written
> in C or python or whatever? It would be easier for you to concentrate your
> work in one program because arabeyes need the rest of your energie ;).

As per your suggestion (and as we have done).. I am sticking with the
name 'duali' for the program, 'duali-data' for the dictionary data. That
is, regardless of what language it is written in. When the C library is
written it will be naturally called 'libduali'. That settles it for me.

> The questions I asked you, other Debian users or developers would ask
> you the same when you fill an ITP to include duali in Debian, in case it's
> not a lib to avoid haveing more software with the same features, Other
> Distributions would do the same, and the quality of your program will be
> higher becuase you have one to maintain ;)
> I hope you understand me, it's the quality of Debian what I try to keep
> and I just want to avoid that users have a software which it's not good
> maintained, because you lose the interest in one of both.

Acknowledged.

Regards,