Quran audio files & Speex 1.0

Assalamou Alaikom,
I checked the speex 1.0 encoder today. I was checking if I get any advantage in making the audio mono, but I found out that to encode a minute of 32KHz *stereo* audio, it needs a 194Kb storage, where if I make it *mono* instead, it would be smaller in about 9KB only (185KB), so I'll just use these options to encode the audio files again with speex 1.0:
--vbr --quality 6 and record the files with 32KHz and stereo (almost like before)
I also checked if the beta3 of speex decoder can read version 1.0, and I confirm it can.
So, I'll start re-encoding and hopefully continueing to record the rest of the Ajzaa' :)

Ossama