Re: Katoob ver 0.3.0 Released

sun 2002-09-15 at 10.05 Mohammed Sameer wrote:

> I think your words are better than mine,
> but katoob actually tries to initialize the arabic keyboard if it's "the keyboard"
> configured using the xkb extension. and if it fails, it'll display the
> warning.

If I have understand the code correctly, it would make sense to say that
"you dont have an arabic keyboard" after line 130 in xkb_init():

	if (config->xkb_ar != TRUE) {

but anything that calls xkb_error() before that point, does so because
of a failed X*call, and should use the current "Initialization
failed..."-message?

> > >  * Limiting the size of the Recent documents menu
> Do you suggest making it unlimited or making it a fixed number "4" for example ?

An unlimited document history would probably make the meny very long
after some time... I suggest setting it to 10 or some sane value.

I know it's a bad ide to put arbitrary limits on programs. But in this
case I think the settings are quite esotheric and hardly ever used.
Putting this kind of settings in the gui is just confusing.
If this was Gimp or some program that would need 1M+ of memory for every
undo step, then a limit on the undo stack would of course be needed.

> plain UTF-8 stripes the bidi control characters from the buffer, so it can be opened by any utf-8
> supporting editor which doesn't support the bidi control characters
> "vim+arabic patch".

Ok. All try to squeze that explanation into the translation ;)

Btw, how do I know when you plan to release a new version of Katoob, so
I can update the translations?

	-Jens