Re: A new project ??

Embedded reply
My Inbox Happily Received This From Youcef-Rabah Rahal @ Fri, 06 Sep 2002 19:04:25 +0200

> First of all I would like to apologize for not keeping my promises... In
> july I said I would contribute to katoob and then after some troubles on my
> PC I went on vacation... It seems since then that katoob is flying ;)
> congratulations to M. Sameer and others who contributed in the project, keep
> the good work !

No problem,
Thanks too, but katoob is not really driven by me only
Thanks to all who helped even with a small idea, "i didn't say names not to forget anyone"

> Since my program is "totally" written with xlib, here is my question: where
> do I start in order to make my program "speaks" arabic. I think it has
> something to do with pango, but what is pango and how it works ???

I think you don't need pango, Perhaps what you need is fribidi for conversion between
encoding and/or manipulating the bidi control codes
pango is mainly for rendering, which i suppose can be handled by Xlib ?
I think that Xlib can handle the display of UTF-8 text "Xutf8DrawString for example"

But i'm not so sure about what you want exactly

--
-- Katoob Main Developer "http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Katoob";