Re: OpenOffice 1.0.1 arabic support

Hello,

Am Don, 2002-10-10 um 18.52 schrieb Mohammed Elzubeir:

> [ ... OpenOffice Notes]
Thanx. I will do

> On another note, could you please tell us more about the kind of customers you
> have who are requesting this? Although we are involved in the development and
> localization area, we don't get to hear very much from the end-users. It would
> be nice to get some kind of a profile of the end-user.
As i already mentioned some time ago we are building a Linux
Distribution. We got contracts with an egypt reseller and going to
support primarily arabic and eastern europe languages.

I'm german and don't have to do that much with localization yet. I am
the head of development and responsible for coordination and the tricky
backend development of the Distro.

We are not yet ready for online presentation, but I think we are going
to release an end-user product early in next year. I think there will be
much space for us and arabeyes for work together.

I am sure we will be able to provide you with information about customer
wishes as they occur. At the moment I had requests for following
software:
licq
OpenOffice
Q-Cad
appart from standard system with KDE 3.0.3. Only OpenOffice is needed to
be really able to process arabic for the word processing of our
customers. Do you know something about arabization of Hancom Office for
example. I got that info some time ago, but wasn't yet able to recheck
if it is true.

Thank your for you help.

Christian

--
Systemhaus Kalkhoff		:	Fon: +49-3443-820656
Heinrich-Schütz-Str. 11		:	Fax: +49-3443-820656