Re: OpenOffice 1.0.1 arabic support

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 11:23:13AM +0200, Christian Kalkhoff wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I need to know how good the arabic support in latest OpenOffice.org is.
> One of my customers needs the suite. We testet 1.0 which seemed to not
> be able to support writing from right to left.
>
> Another thing are the menu fonts. The Arabic version only shows ???
> instead of menus. I don't know, which font is used with this program.
>
> I hope you have any clue.

Please do a 'search' on Arabeyes.org for 'arabic openoffice' and browse
through the results. We've had several discussions on the subject in the past.

Short answer to your question is, no there is no Arabic support in OpenOffice.
Long answer is, yes there is but....

Read the archives linked in the search results and you will understand.

On another note, could you please tell us more about the kind of customers you
have who are requesting this? Although we are involved in the development and
localization area, we don't get to hear very much from the end-users. It would
be nice to get some kind of a profile of the end-user.

Thank you.
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir