Fwd: Re: Arabic gkb

Subject: Re: Arabic gkb
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 18:51:45 -0300
From: Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at arabeyes dot org>
To: Shooby Ban <shooby at gnome dot hu>

>  I'm happy to hear from you. I guess the easiest way to produce an
> xmodmap.ar to exec the command "xmodmap -pke > xmodmap.ar" when the arabic
> keyboard layout is active. Then you can make your changes, and be able to
> send me your final layout.

OK .. the current probelm with the Arabic Keymap and it will continue to
 exist is that it needs to hold the ALT key to write in the Arabic Keyboard
 .. without the ALT key it will be the standard Keyboard ..
I remember that the Same probelm was in kxkb but it got gixed .. something to
do with defining what langauges have ALTs or so :-) I am not very much intop
the code of either gkb or kxkb ..

Could you please look into it .. and I will look into the xmodmap.ar and try
to finalize it ..

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi