Re: al quraan

On Monday 04 November 2002 06:58, Mohammad DAMT wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 11:20:45AM +0200, Mohammed Yousif wrote:

> yes, now it's predefined in LIBQURAN_DEFAULT_DATADIR or user can change
> location of datadir in libquran.xml
it's settled then :-)
> > This may be good for only one reader , but if we have more that one
> > reader then we will be forced to use different XMLs for each reader
> > noting the start offset and length of every verse which makes the process
> > of adding a new reader to the library very hard.
>
> well maybe we need another XML and functions just for determining which
> reciter to hear, like
>
> audio/quran.ar.yousif.xml
> <quran mediatype="mp3" lang="ar">
> <reciter name="Mohammed Yousif ">
> <sura id=...>
> <aya id=..>
> <mediafile="s001a001.ogg"/>
> </aya>
> </sura>
> the audiofiles itself will be located in, say,
> /opt/libquran/audio/yousif/
>
> and if we have an Indonesian translations recited by Baashir, we will
> have audio/quran.id.baashir.xml
> <quran mediatype="mp3" lang="id">
> <reciter name="Abu Bakar Baashir">
> <sura id=...>
> <aya id=..>
> <mediafile="s001a001.ogg"/>
> </aya>
> </sura>
> the audiofiles itself will be located in, say,
> /opt/libquran/audio/baashir/
>
> if we want to hear sura 1 aya 1 we will have
> q=quran_open("ar");
> oggdata=quran_audio_verse(q,1,1,"yousif");
>
> q=quran_open("id");
> oggdata=quran_audio_verse(q,1,1,"baashir");

I'm against using an xml file for every reciter, because this will require
un-needed work in writing these XMLs, while they don't provide much data
(you can get the filename using a coding scheme for example s001a001.ogg and
the name of the reader can be put in a separate utf8 file as I noted before)
This is to ease the task of adding a new reciter to the library
--
Mohammed Yousif
"She is in my mind and soul, I love her with all my heart and blood".