Re: al quraan

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 11:20:45AM +0200, Mohammed Yousif wrote:
> I don't think it would be nice if the library has a conf file and later the
> application will have another conf file, which may confuse the user
> What about determining the data dir in the the configuration stage before
> compiling ?

yes, now it's predefined in LIBQURAN_DEFAULT_DATADIR or user can change
location of datadir in libquran.xml

> > I think libquran should not responsible to play audio. The application
> > that uses it should. libquran only fetch "what" to play. The frontend
> > apps will then determined how to play this data (e.g. fetch is to sound
> > server, or just dump it to /dev/dsp, etc)
> I just wanted to minimize the tasks that the application have to do. (I'm
> thinking of the application only responsible for showing the gui and
> interacting with the user)

I'm thinking of libquran just like mpg3 library and the frontend just
like xmms.

> This may be good for only one reader , but if we have more that one reader
> then we will be forced to use different XMLs for each reader noting the start
> offset and length of every verse which makes the process of adding a new
> reader to the library very hard.

well maybe we need another XML and functions just for determining which
reciter to hear, like

audio/quran.ar.yousif.xml
<quran mediatype="mp3" lang="ar">
<reciter name="Mohammed Yousif ">
<sura id=...>
<aya id=..>
<mediafile="s001a001.ogg"/>
</aya>
</sura>
the audiofiles itself will be located in, say,
/opt/libquran/audio/yousif/

and if we have an Indonesian translations recited by Baashir, we will
have audio/quran.id.baashir.xml
<quran mediatype="mp3" lang="id">
<reciter name="Abu Bakar Baashir">
<sura id=...>
<aya id=..>
<mediafile="s001a001.ogg"/>
</aya>
</sura>
the audiofiles itself will be located in, say,
/opt/libquran/audio/baashir/

if we want to hear sura 1 aya 1 we will have
q=quran_open("ar");
oggdata=quran_audio_verse(q,1,1,"yousif");

q=quran_open("id");
oggdata=quran_audio_verse(q,1,1,"baashir");

> I think this structure will make it easy to add a new reader (a matter of
> copying some audio files into a new directory)

I think the idea of file splitting is better than offset/offsetlength
since we will need a tool to find the offset of the aya

--
Mohammad DAMT <mdamt at mdamt dot com> http://www.mdamt.net
"Waduh anak siape tu ye? patut ditiru!", ??, Benjamin S.