Re: Akka & SWIG

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 01:33:42PM +0100, Chahine M. Hamila wrote:
> Changing chonfigure is pretty trivial. Godd thing you pointed it out, if
> you want we'll see together how the Python wrappers are done and I'll make
> the SWIG support generic.
> Salaam

As you may already know, it's only a matter of using the same
'interface' file.. so something like,

$ swig -o python_akka_wrap.c -python akka_module.c
$ gcc $(CFLAGS) $(INC) -I/usr/include/python2.1 \
  -I/usr/lib/python2.1/config python_akka_wrap.c

$ ld --shared $(LIBS) akka-module.o python_akka_wrap.o ... \
  -o python_akka_module.so

$ python

>>> import python_akka_module

and you are in business ;)

Also, aside from the glib problem (which you know of), without an
'install' option w/ chonfigure, it makes the debian package a lot more
of a hack than a clean package.

This goes very well for duali, if 'chonfigure' is not at a level where
it can be _very_ flexible and already at a production level that is
suitable for packaging, etc. then I am very much for going with the
autotools (and don't worry, you don't have to learn m4 and company, I
can take care of that) ;)

later