Re: [emacs-bidi] Emacs for Arabic

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 09:36:05AM -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> lessen the number of confused people.  In passing the other
> keymap included (based on sounds) is really not used by anyone and
> should not be encouraged (except for I guess ArabTex users).  Arabeyes

That is not true. A lot of people in the academic field use such keymaps (a
lot more than you may think). However, one can easily say that the majority of
those users are not native speakers.

> If you are still unconvinced maybe "arabic-win" would be clearer.  I'd
> still vote and encourage just "arabic" (that's what 99% of users will
> use and would expect to see).

Agreed. This is really important to lessen the confusion as to what keymap to
use. And as Nadim has pointed out earlier, it is the de facto keymap, and we
would like to make sure that it is obvious to any user that it is.

later