Re: VIM Arabic Patch and Hindi number

Isam Bayazidi wrote:

> Salam,
>         Nadim, I got two suggestions and points about the VIM Arabic support that I
> would like to share with everyone to see their feedback ..
>         - VIM uses the Hindi digits ( Used in Arabic countries)

not all Arab countries. All countries of the Maghreb use Arabic digits.

>  the one 'already known'
> missing point is the BIDI ..

Adding bidi is trivial if you consider fribidi. It's one function call added (plus two
other calls for encoding conversions from and to UCS4 if your encoding is different),
and the function is anything but hard to understand. It would take someone who already
worked on VIM's code five to study the function and add it minutes to add it. Please
consider fribidi. I can give a hand if needed, Nadim and I or whoever else will be
working on VIM can cybermeet and add it.

Salaam,
Chahine