Re: Akka FreeBSD port

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 06:31:12PM +0100, Chahine M. Hamila wrote:
> Salaam Mohamed, all, and especially Perl developers who might be able to solve
> these issues,
>
> What you are mentionning is indeed chonfigure related...
> As agreed, chonfigure will be added as an annex tool for anyone who might want to
> use it for a project. Since I developed it under Linux only, I couldn't integrate
>
> The preprocessor stuff written with endian.h is perhaps compiler dependent, so if
> you're using GCC it should be fine I guess.

Hrmm.. okay. I don't know much about it, so I will take your word for it (for now!).

> You probably want to play with the chonfigure macro macros/loadkeys.pl and add
> FreeBSD support to it.

Yeah.. I went ahead and edited all the macros/ files to work for FreeBSD..
but I am sure my modifications are not something you want in a distribution,
and are only just so I can get it to not choke.

> That where open source comes;) I don't have FreeBSD:)
> Salaam

Ah.. for that I have a solution, but can't say now ;)

Although sourceforge do have a nice list of architectures in their compile farm,
I have had little success connecting to any of them in the past few weeks :(

I would be specially interested to see it at least just compile under MacOS X.

later