Re: Akka FreeBSD port

Salaam Mohamed, all, and especially Perl developers who might be able to solve
these issues,

What you are mentionning is indeed chonfigure related...
As agreed, chonfigure will be added as an annex tool for anyone who might want to
use it for a project. Since I developed it under Linux only, I couldn't integrate
FreeBSD parameters in it. I will CVS it tomorrow.
Now between the lines, and this is for anyone who knows Perl and who's ready to
take a look (it's trivial):

> A few issues:
>
> 1. Endian stuff.. an endian.h is part of the freebsd kernel source, but I
> haven't looked closely at it yet (it looks pretty similar at first glance)

The preprocessor stuff written with endian.h is perhaps compiler dependent, so if
you're using GCC it should be fine I guess.

> 2. `loadkeys' does not exist under FreeBSD. An equivalent would be
>    `kbdcontrol'.. slight syntax difference.

You probably want to play with the chonfigure macro macros/loadkeys.pl and add
FreeBSD support to it.

> 3. chonfigure can't seem to find the perl header files, etc. It's looking in
> all the wrong places ;) `/usr/libdata' is where all the perl stuff goes.

The macro is in macros/perldev.pl

> 4. can't find fribidi library, headers, etc.

macros/fribidi.pl :)

> .. and a few other minor issues.
>
> I'm at work now, so I can't do much.. but I have hard-coded most of this so it
> would pass the configuration part. Most of this is `chonfigure` related, and I
> thought since it's supposed to be an 'auto-configurator', perhaps a little
> FreeBSD consideration would be nice ;)

That where open source comes;) I don't have FreeBSD:)
Salaam