Re: fribidi question

Sorry for the late reply, I can't spend much time on computers these days...
The current api is not complete, the user cannot be conformant about
line breaking and reordering after line breaks, a new api is needed,
You mean, the current implementation is not fully conformant? I don't remember if UAX#9 says something about line breaks, but what is it exactly about?

I'm trying to design it, also we are to port fribidi to some portable
devices, for that we need to redesign the api from scratch too, to
have a FriBidiEnv type that holds all users settings, each function
then should get FriBidiEnv *env as its first parameter.
Ok but plz preserve backward compatibility;)

I had a look, I will make deb packages as soon as I find out how, and
can you please tell me why the lib name is libfribidi0 and just not
libfribidi? I have seen this '0' in mandrake rpms too.
The 9 indicates a major. That's for making it possible for different incompatible major versions of libraries to coexist as packages for software that might require one version or another. Say, you have a piece which requires fribidi<0.10, it will be libfribidi0, and another one that requires a version >=0.10 that could be named, say, libfribidi010... Both would be installed without conflict to satisfy the dependencies.

And about RPMs, don't worry about them, we are going to release RPMs
with each version too, 0.10.1 as a bugfix of 0.10.0 will be released
today or tommorow.

Fine, I think I'm going to switch soon anyway. I'm going to study that with the Akka package creators.
Thanks for the answer...
Salaam,
Chahine