Re: [I18n]Re: U+3000 limit

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 11:42:58PM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:

> Yes, I wrote a paper for the XFree86 technical conference which you can
> find at http://xfree86.org/~keithp/talks.  I'm also in the process of
> writing a complete document for the new version of Xft which shares much
> of the same API structure but eliminates all core font support and splits
> out the configuration aspects into a separate library to be shared with
> non-X applications.

Okay. It has come to my attention that the Xft is a work-in-progress and by no
means a complete solution,

"Xft will probably change radically in the future; weak attempts will be made
to retain some level of source-file compataibility."

Xft(3) page.

If XFree86 is going to COMPLETELY dump the core fonts then I can understand.
However, if it is something Xft-related (the elimination of core fonts) and
not XFree86-wide, then I do not understand what the problem is.

I don't think what we are asking for is unreasonable. We are only asking to
have the option.

Markus? Can you do that?

later