Re: fribidi question

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002, Chahine M. Hamila wrote:
[snip]
> I will. Though you'll have to be patient, coz I have loads of
> other stuff to do. What is there that is not complete in the
> fribidi's implementation?

The current api is not complete, the user cannot be conformant about
line breaking and reordering after line breaks, a new api is needed,
I'm trying to design it, also we are to port fribidi to some portable
devices, for that we need to redesign the api from scratch too, to
have a FriBidiEnv type that holds all users settings, each function
then should get FriBidiEnv *env as its first parameter.

> > > How long do you think it would take to have the new fribidi in
> > > the testing section of Debian at least?  Well, I never
>
> You have a search packages link on the left in the Debian homepage
> http://www.debian.org I thought you might know the debian
> maintainer actually. The name of the package in debian is
> libfribidi0 or libfribidi and the development stuff is
> libfribidi-dev.

I had a look, I will make deb packages as soon as I find out how, and
can you please tell me why the lib name is libfribidi0 and just not
libfribidi? I have seen this '0' in mandrake rpms too.

> > > How long for RPM packages?
> >
> > fribidi-0.9.1 released 10 Dec 2001, and the Mandrake Cooker rpm was
> > ready by Dec 21, then it shouldn't be more than two weeks.

And about RPMs, don't worry about them, we are going to release RPMs
with each version too, 0.10.1 as a bugfix of 0.10.0 will be released
today or tommorow.

> Good. If you tell me it's okay with debian as well, I will switch.

I will try it.

--
Behdad
20 Dey 1380, 2002 Jan 10