Re: Arabic & Emacs

--- Walid  wrote:

>  What about mule? there was mule once for older version of emacs that
>  did support arabic wasn't it?

Are you able to use mule for Arabic in emacs-21 ??  If so, please share with
us your experience and any other pointers (I wasn't able to get it work
even though on the various newsgroups misc. people hint at MULE's support
for Arabic, I have yet to contact a person that has used it with Arabic).

In short, its beginning to sound like a myth; and to the best of my knowledge
I don't think any old(er) versions of MULE ever supported unicode Arabic.

Proprietary Arabic (ie. with their own encodings which do not adhere to
unicode's) is NOT a solution we should ever pursue or acknowledge (except
as a possible educational tool).