Re: Arabic & Emacs

What about mule? there was mule once for older version of emacs that did support arabic wasn't it?

  Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:43:26 +0900 (JST)
TAKAHASHI Naoto wrote:

> > I'm overly anxious to see emacs and Arabic together :-)
> >

> Here is my excuse. Our institute has experienced a big reorganisation
> six months ago. Many things are still in confusion. The biggest
> problem for us is that it is still not clear whether we can
> (re)distribute software under GPL. As a consequence, we have been
> unable to send any patches to gnu.org since last april. We are
> pushing our boss to negotiate with the headquarters, but no clear
> answer has been given.

[snip snip]

> To summarise, we cannot release our Arabic patches until we get our
> headquarters' guarantee. We are really sorry about that.

I have to apologize in advance about picking on ya again :-)

Has your organization made a decision regarding the 'Arabic and emacs-21'
patch and code ?

We would LOVE to see that code and/or continue with what you currently
have. Unfortunately we don't have many people who are familiar (or are
enamored) with lisp/elisp :-) and it seems like more and more of the
Arab speakers that we come across on a daily basis ask for Arabic-emacs
support first and foremost (now that vim is Arabic aware).

Your help would certainly be much appreciated !!!

In the slight chance ;-) that we can't get access to your patches,
would you have any interest in helping us develop (or at least guide us)
on your own time (sans your organization) start on our own Arabic emacs
support ?

Many thanks and we await your response.