Re: Quran license

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 08:54:26PM +0300, Ossama Khayaat wrote:
> The audio recordings that I'm doing are of my Father. So, you can
> put them under whatever license you want.
> And anyway, this is a part of our religion and no one (IMHO) has
> the right to prevent it from spreading!

I think the general consensus is that it should be available to
whoever, whenever and however ;) The problem is with giving the right
to modify any of the data. What if you have typo's? Who is responsible
for them? What if you start having multiple versions of them? What
about translations? Aren't those copyrighted? How are they treated
differently from the original text (in the eyes of the law).

Please, if someone knows any lawyers (friends, relatives, etc.) try
to ask for their advise.

Thanks
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: