Re: Quran license

Salam ..
  I second Mohammed Elzubeir on this. It is no doubt that the Holy Quran text
is public domain, but what about translations? are they copyrighted? now
Osama al-Khayat noted that recordings from his father are open, but does the
GPL apply on the Audio files ? is there a source and a binary format of the
OGG file ? I don't guess so, the Audio are much like documents, so we should
look for a document license..
  Now there comes the XML and the QT/GTK coding.. now you can choose the
license you want for it.. maybe GPL .. what about using LGPL for libquran?
allowing to build a software of any kind above libquran .. make libquran on
LGPL, the QtQuran under maybe GPL or whatever .. I am not sure .. but it
seems that the LGPL is appropriate for things like libquran..

Yours
Isam Bayazidi