Re: Fribidi and joining

----- Original Message -----
From: Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh at sharif dot edu>
To: <developer at arabeyes dot org>
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 9:02 PM
Subject: Re: Fribidi and joining

> Neither me nor Behdad knows when we're going to leave Open
> Source i18n and do something else, but that may be soon. People need to
> lead the ship somewhere after that. Don't count on Europeans or American
> doing this for you if you want consistency.

 we should create our own GUI , QT is great but it has a problem in the
backword compatiblity.
that's mean you program life is too short , and it will die fast.
i know you can recompile it. but if we want to make something commercial
then don't expect that
all end users can recompile and fix all the dumps.

creating a new Arabic GUI library  is the only genuine solution. you have to
create a GUI lib that
depend only on X , not something else.
if we want to attract developers , then we should give it a full backward
compatibilty ,so the programs
will live too long just like windows.
the migration from windows to linux start from there.

Hasanen.