Re: patch - rightleft in command-line

Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> Attached you'll find a patch (against vim-6.0 vanilla) that introduces
> rightleft search (ie. '/') ability in rightleft mode to the command-line.

Thanks for making this!  I'll keep the patch for a while, until I get
some response from people who use it (and I'm currently only doing bug
fixes).

A few remarks about what I noticed when browsing through it:

- The "msg_rl" variable should not really be there when FEAT_RIGHTLEFT
  isn't defined.

- "firstc" should also be checked for "?".

> While doing this (and I had wanted to add substitution in rightleft
> mode as well), I become utterly convinced that Bidi is a MUST and
> should really be considered as a replacement for rightleft all together.
> So I decided to spend whatever time I can on Bidi instead of adding
> more features to rightleft (Arabic patch coming though :-)

A more generic solution would be preferred.  I wonder if the current
'rightleft' should be kept, so that the user can still chose to use it,
or that the Bidi feature would completely replace it.

177. You log off of your system because it's time to go to work.

 ///  Bram Moolenaar -- Bram at moolenaar dot net -- http://www.moolenaar.net  \\\
(((   Creator of Vim -- http://vim.sf.net -- ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim   )))
 \\\  Help me helping AIDS orphans in Uganda - http://iccf-holland.org  ///