Re: Vision for Core in 2005

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <aalarfaj at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I would like to see the Arabeyes Core Team do in 2005,
>
> * Revive QAC, permanently.
> * Hold a seminar/event in Dubai or Bahrain.
> * Raise more funds (mostly for the above).
> * Start a full-fledged recruitment campaign.
> * Translate the static pages on the website to Arabic
>   [OF EXTREME IMPORTANCE].
> * Find a way to make possible the translation of non-static
>   text on the website (the stuff on MySQL).
> * Start an unofficial but very loud movement or campaign to promote
>   the deployment of FOSS in Arabic-speaking countries.

I'd add to that,

 * Need to get more involved into various specification consortium/bodies
   and help motivate the addition of more Arabic expertise to 'em.
 * As a means to fund-raise/promote, we should get Arabeyes T-shirts/stuff
   available for sale via the likes of 'cafepress.com' among others.

I'd think the next proper thing to do is to put rough dates to the items
listed above as in "this is the date we should start looking at this item"
for each topic else we risk the chance of loosing track of it.

Thanks and Salam.