Re: Vision for Core in 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:26:16 -0800 (PST), Nadim Shaikli
<shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> I'd think the next proper thing to do is to put rough dates to the items
> listed above as in "this is the date we should start looking at this item"
> for each topic else we risk the chance of loosing track of it.

Ok. This is my take on it. We can evolve these into actual todos as
each date approaches:

* Revive QAC, permanently: We need to start within the next two weeks.

* Hold a seminar/event in Dubai or Bahrain: Next winter. Summer in the
gulf will drive people away...

* Raise more funds (mostly for the above): Not sure.

* Start a full-fledged recruitment campaign: Some time next month with
the beginning of a new college semester when students are at their
highest level of enthusiasm.

* Translate the static pages on the website to Arabic: We should start
about, oh say, 2 seconds after we move to plone, which I hope will be
within the next 2 weeks too.

* Find a way to make possible the translation of non-static text on
the website (the stuff on MySQL): Soon as the above is done.

* Start an unofficial but very loud movement or campaign to promote
the deployment of FOSS in Arabic-speaking countries: To be safe, I'll
put the rough date at near the end of this year.

Abdulaziz,