Presentations & Docs

A couple of questions.

1. Aren't OpenOffice.org's file (.xsw, .xsi, etc) binary in format ?
   If so (and I'm seeing that they are), is there any compelling reason
   for us to 'cvs' them ?  Binary files, from what I know, simply get
   copied as a whole (meaning, with 2 revisions you are not really
   keeping the differences, but are keeping 2 very distinct copies of
   the file).  Should we maybe simply have a place to hold the latest
   copy of these docs, outside the scope of cvs, and live with it that
   way.  I don't think we'd want to revert back to an older version of
   these files.

2. The one presentation we currently have resides in,

     cvs/doc/presentations/

   where should all the other single page documents (such as the basic
   into and/or the unicode help sheets, etc) reside ?