Re: I am back but will be gone again

Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

Anmar,

PLEASE be sure to at least provide documentation to pick up from where
you left off with Arabbix.

I will have the docs ready in a day or so. Please note that I prefer nobody does nay changes or releases any Arabbix CD in the next 3 weeks. We need much more feedback befor anything takes place. Arabbix 0.8 is good enough (not perfect yet) to illustrate our work and hopefully further our cause.

It is absolutely crucial that you do.

Will Have done. Don't worry. The delay was due to my sickness. I was sick... really.. ask the wife :)

I am
actually disappointed that you are taking this sudden trip which will
apparently take 3 weeks while we will simply be stuck with no progress
on Arabbix (since you are the only one who holds the keys to the project
so far).

Please don't be disaapointed. I have not taken a holiday since the day I got married (2000) plus this is a golden opportunity for me to relax a bit since I have make lots of major decisions in the next month to so. I will not drop Arabbix. Heck I am the one who has been trying to start it for the last few months (check the mailing lists ;).

As for the keys of modifying Arabbix, I think your making these keys more like cypher codes that can not be broken by anybody except me. :). All I did was follow the docs on Morphix.sf.net. Regardless, I will have the HOWTO checked into CVS as soon as possible. ( gonna work on it on the airplance) I already have small part of it done)

So, if you are unable to provide scripts, etc.

There are no scripts needed. Nothing requires a script :)

at the very
least, a HOWTO document of putting Arabbix together would help greatly.

The documentation will be in a howto.

I would like to see 1.0 _in_ 3 weeks ;)

Sorry but I don't see the point of releasing 1.0 if there is no proper feedback yet. Morphix project is working on fixing some of the bugs. So far, this is the deciding factor of when to release Arabbix 0.9 or 1.0 unless we get solid feedback from the Arabic community then I can fix the bugs and create an image from Gemrany if I needed to.

Regards

Salamat