Re: Spam

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 08:20:02PM +0200, Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
> Salam,
>
> Except for the contact at ANTSPAM dot  dot , no other mailing list is stated. Well
> also except for this:
>
> <input type="hidden" name="business" value="donate at arabeyes dot org">
>
> Which is hidden and so does not apprear on the browser. But it's in the
> source (html source, that is), and so the bots got it, and so the spam.
>
> Mohamed, could you please tell me if those 'hidden' buttons are necessary.
> if not, let remove them asap. But, anyway, it's seems that we cant do much
> for the donate list. Why not create a  new list 'donations' for ex ?
>
> About the spam to 'contact', it seems to me that it is an 'intelligent'
> spam. ie spam done by humans and not by bots, but i can be wrong...

Well, the donate thing is copied verbatim from the paypal instructions.
I did not modify it and am not sure if modifying it would break
anything (although I do tend to think it would).

I am not sure simply creating new lists would help resolve this. Maybe
we want to start using the new mailman antispam filters, as well as some
other antispam filters.. Maybe Anmar can help with that.

later
Mohammed Elzubeir