Re: Evolution Party planning

Sorry for the delay in replying (if you only knew how busy we've been _and_
we need help !!)

--- Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 June 2003 08:46, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> [...]
> > Ideas, thoughts, opinions ?
>
> Here are my thoughts ..
> - Make it shorter than 12 hours .. I guess a 4 hours MAX is good

Since we are global, I would tend to continue to preach the need for
at least 12 hours.  If we opt to invite certain people, then we can
invite them at specific times and spread them across (no sense in
getting two or more guests all at the same time - you lose the chance
to get personable with all :-)

> - Invite people who we may get invovled later, such as :
> 	- Mule (I18n Emacs) Developers
> 	- VIM developers
> 	- I18N maintainers in KDE and GNOME
> 	- Lars Knoll (The QT guy)
> 	- Owen Taylor ( the Pango Maintainer, works in RH)
> 	- I18n people in OpenI18n
> 	- I18n maintainer in OpenOffice
> 	- I18n Maintainer in Mozilla
> 	- FriBidi people (Rozbeh, Behdad)
> 	- libicu people (IBM people)
> 	- Wine I18n people
> 	- Media people (Robin Miller, ITP, others)

Agree 100.1% :-) and more even.  Isam, could you start on a list of email
addresses and people's names -- we can craft an email and spam them separately.
Do please supply the list no latter than a week from now (if possible).

> there is alot of issues with most of the above listed products when it comes
> to Arabic .. we can start opening a Channel with those projects such as:
>   - there is probelms with Harakat (Tashkeel) in Mozilla,OpenOffice,QT,Pango
>   - Arabic support in Wine
>   - lack of interest in some projects (that's where the media people come)
>   - more

Yes, yes -- I like where you are going.  Let's roll this out and get some
definitive agenda's going and focus on certain issues to get promises.  In
short it all sounds PERFECT to me, now let's _do_ it :-)

> I see that the party can be a chance to start new projects .. and revive ..
> afterall this is the idea behind it .. unless there will be free food then
> that's another story :-)

Yeah, on our next 'core' meeting (and we need one ASAP - not sure what time,
etc) to talk about this and many other topics.  Isam (et al), what you are
saying make ALOT of sense, we need to go with it and I think generating a
list of contact info (of people we want to invite) would be a good start.

Whatcha all think ?