Re: New webpages

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <yrrahal42 at hotmail dot com> wrote:

> >   + full_wordlist -- call it 'wordlist' to be part of the translation
> >     section/group (it will require a mysql entry similar to KDE/Gnome).
>
> This one is already there. Please be sure to update the content/contributors
> etc. (we really need a good name for this project - I also suggest we move
> it under cvs/translate/NewProjName).

Sounds good - ok, we need a proper name for this project.  How about
"Kalimat" or "Qol" or "Tarjom" or ??

> >   + Application i18n -- call it 'i18n_apps' this will include mozilla,
> >     Qt, etc (the misc applications that people have picked up that have
> >     a very small amount of work and are short-lived) to be part of the
> >     translation section/group.  We'll include the various logos sprinkled
> >     about on that page to convey the thought across.
>
> I am with Mohamed here. A page for each project please ;) Like we did for
> the patches project, did you notice ?

I'm not a fan of the new patches pages - I think all those should be a single
page as they also denote more active engagement on all of them.  I like the
way it used to be better (IMHO).

> The updating of the projets' pages is the duty of the project
> maintainer/coordinator, so except for adding the project page and the
> occasional contributors, it's really not a big deal. I can add those
> projects pages, no problem ;)

Youcef, we all know that those maintainers/coordinators won't do it and it
will fall on our laps.  We need less management and more coding and
development.
99% of our time is now dealing with arabeyes management issues and emails and
I for one would like to reduce that burden, not increase it.

> I don't see a problem in having the projects stopped for a short/long time.
> However, the project page has to mention that.

Again, I'm of the opinion that we need to have a small set of pages with
focus being the primary operative word here.  For projects like the various
patches (or subset there-of -- take 'txtbdf2ps.pl' - its very unlikely that
I will ever work on it and so there is NO need for its own page - its
overkill).
For projects like VIM that took extensive work and time - sure we can and
should have a page for it stand alone.  Again on a per project basis we can
make that decision, but all the smaller projects seem like they should be
lumped into one page to ease the admin work on our part.  For translations
it also has the added benefit of _not_ confusing people into thinking that
they have options on what to work on as usually those smaller projects are
all accounted for and are primarily done (those that are larger and require
more time and effort should be on their own page - akin to VIM).

> >   + Arabic fonts -- call it 'arabic_fonts' (I saw you have a "free fonts"
> >     page which is great we just need to sneak "arabic" in the name so
> >     either 'Free Arabic Fonts' or 'Arabic Fonts' or 'Open Source Arabic
> >     Fonts' or similar :-)
>
> Please name it at your convenience ;)

OK, we need a name for this project as well -- how about 'khatat' or
'khotoot' or ????

> >As for the party - we'll need (over the next couple of days),
> >
> >   + A place holder for ACE (and the previous 2 posts)
> >   + A place holder for the history/infant_period page
>
> OK. I'll try my best.
>
> Youcef.
>
> PS: I unhided the eDara project and added its logo. I guess if the status is
> 'STALLED - needs help' then people should be able to read it, no ?

That logo is a bit too big - I remember seeing one with just the art and the
name (seems more appropriate).  But this project should really be hidden
until such time as we have some free bandwidth to open it up again (or have
one of us interested in working on it to actually work on it).

> PS2: Be sure to unhide the Full Wordlist project.

Done.  I shan't announce it until we find a proper name - please help and
suggest.

> PS3: Nadim, could you please update the status bar script ? I changed the
> names of GNOME and KDE and the proj_status column has been renamed to
> status. (the script works well, it's simply the table that is not updated)

Youcef, we'll need to talk on IRC for this one -- not sure I understand
what/where in mysql this is at.

> PS4: thanks for dumping that ar.po file ;) too long that it bothers me !

Just trying to help :-)