Re: Website notes

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:

> Salam,
>
> I made those comments to Youcef on irc, but here they are for the
> record:
>
> 1. gnome/kde logos are gone?
> 2. resources and docs page.. the html/pdf links.. order should be EN
>    then AR then FR (instead of AR EN FR)
> 3. top navigation bar.. too cluttered.

Yeah, I think we need that old "Quick Links" right menu back.

> 4. front-page, I thought the early design had it on the left.

Yeah, the "project updates" should be as Melissa/biku had 'em before
(to the left with a nice standout'ish look); I will contact them with
this thread for their comments (hopefully we can see some alternations
from them soon).

> 5. there was text on each project page under hte mailing-list thing that
>    said this list, to do this.. etc.
> 6. the people page. ._please_ take out all this extra fat..

I think you mean to remove the "First" and "Last" Commit columns.  They
are already noted on people's individual pages already.

> 7. there _seems_ to be a little more than enough space before he banner
>    starts (on-top)..
> 8. the line separating each doc in the docs page (and in the about
>    page).. it just doesn't look right.. especially for the last item in
>    any section. Even more when there is only one item.

9.  The front page needs a bit of spacing review (too hard to describe
    via email, but look at the various news items and how many spaces
    proceed each paragraph and follow, etc).

10. The "In the Press" if there is no description, there should not be
    an empty line (skip it).  Instead of "In The Star." it would be
    nice for it to read "Published in The Star", no ?

11. It might be worth-while to play around with the login and search
    forms so that they all show on the same horizontal line (they take
    up too much space as-is now), maybe right under the navigation menu;
    not sure what would work best.

12. Use smaller fonts for "Advanced Search", "Username/Password" and
    "Forgot Password".

I'm sure there are other minor things here and there, those will surface
in time.

> oh..
>
> and SUPER JOB! You and Arafat and Melissa... deserve.. a.. a.. big hug ;)

Agreed - very well done all (don't know about the hug though :-)

Thanks & Salam.