Re: Evolution party - plan

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 11:46:32AM -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> [..]
>
> A couple of things left to iron out,
>
>  + Anyone know of any people in the printed press (newspapers/mags) ?
>    The more press we get the better.  Isam you had some "star" contacts,
>    no ?  Others in .sa/.eg ?  We need to impress upon them not our
>    technical achievements only, but our sense of community and unity.

Don't know about .sa/.eg but I have contacted Gulf News
(www.gulf-news.com) and will try and contact PC Magazine here.

>  + What should we do if the "technical" approach doesn't pan out
>    (ie. invited people don't show, etc).  I'm all for a "registration
>    drive" (get people to register and direct them to a particular
>    project, etc); but that is vague and not very tangible - ideas ?

If that doesn't work we can always (and I predict this would be there
in either case) end up doing mass tech support for Arabeyes projects.
ie. this won't compile.. can't install this.. call it "Troubleshooting
Segment".. ;)

Otherwise I think with the defeciencies list, it would not be so vague.

later
Mohammed Elzubeir